Project Engineer I - Environmental Systems
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Madison, WI
Project Engineers report to Program Managers and work in concert with the program System Engineer, engineering team, operations team, sub-contracts/contracts team, and all other program elements in execution of a program. Acts as the central communication point for all internal (and external at PM direction) personnel to ensure that the proper communication channels are established and all personnel have the information they need to execute the program. Functions as the primary interface between the program technical team, procurement, and operations in order to achieve the most efficient and cost effective way of accomplishing program goals with the highest quality product possible.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Understand, plan, and execute communication activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions
- With support from the design team, lead the product through successful manufacturing readiness review and test readiness review, including review document creation, acting as review lead, and verifying that all necessary documentation is in place and in compliance.
- With internal support from affected functional organizations, provides estimates of labor hours and material dollars required to accomplish production activities. Analyze gaps in team structure and interface with all program personal to ensure necessary lines of communication are open and information is flowing as required
- Interface directly with procurement to ensure parts/assemblies under procurement are available to support the master build plan as defined in the Operations Program Plan (OPP)
- Communication point for all program team members
- Deep understanding of AS9100 and SNC procedures and processes and how they impact the different organizational groups
- Work with all engineering teams to ensure hardware stays on track to meet Integrated Master Schedule deadlines
- Act as the technical liaison to the Program Manager and Operations Team
- On the floor non-conformance identification and resolution implementation
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Assist in improving existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes
- Evaluating team dynamics to identify and resolve responsibility gaps
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Engineering or Related Technical Field.
- 3+ years’ experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact with and unite diverse groups of people toward the most mutually beneficial result.
- Detail oriented
- Self-Starter and a problem solver; must have the ability to see problem areas before they develop and communicate important facts to management effectively
- Problem solving skills of complex technical problems that lead to creative and industry compliant solutions
- Ability to understand detailed Integrated Master Schedules and provide feedback on dependencies
- Familiarity with (operations) planning, purchasing, production, shipping/receiving, and quality assurance functions is highly desirable
- Experience or education in Business, Manufacturing, and Quality practices is highly desired
- Six Sigma Certification or Training
- Previous experience in spaceflight hardware or subsystem production environment
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC