IT Data Analyst II (Contract)
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
The IT Data Analyst manages data analysis and usage requirements and focuses on data- and integration-intensive initiatives. Primary responsibilities include working with understanding data analysis and integration requirements and guiding solution design and architecture to meet these needs, in addition to core business analyst responsibilities such as understanding end user needs, developing business requirements, supporting technical design, product development, testing and deployment. The Data Analyst will consult with SNC business and functional areas to determine data and integration requirements that support business goals and translate those requirements into actionable project requirements.
- Manage requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation processes to capture business and end user needs. Prioritize needs within and across projects based on business impact
- Engage delivery teams to communicate solution vision and priorities
- Promote architectural standards and consistency
- Assess the risks of solution options and develop plans to mitigate them
- Support enterprise digital strategy and organizational change management
- Define, set up, and execute test cases to validate that the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Provide consultative support and advice on technology projects led by business partners
- Coach employees to make use of technology and information
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion and Training requirements
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent degree field
- Experience in business analysis, data analysis, or business intelligence analysis
- Writing and organizing requirements in both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Previous experience working in an Agile and fast-paced development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requirements Gathering: Interviewing and gathering user requirements to translate into detailed documentation and project plans that meet deliverable deadlines.
- Team facilitation: Facilitate all work teams including internal Business and IT users, as well as third party contractors.
- Data Analysis: Understand business application data to ensure accuracy, quality and opportunities to integrate between the systems.
- Knowledge of data analysis and usage requirements
- Strong understanding of data and integration architecture
- Ability to guide solution design and architecture to meet business needs
- Proficiency in technology management
- Deep understanding of data analysis
- Analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Understanding of business context and objectives
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in plain language
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Risk assessment, negotiation, and problem resolution skills
- Influencing skills and demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes
- This position requires he ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use