Systems Engineer II (EEE Parts Engineer)
- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
We are seeking an experienced person with a Parts Engineering, or Component Engineering, background. The individual hired for this position will also support the team in defining and implementing common Parts Engineering processes and data management tools across the SNC Space Systems Group business area. To apply, you should be a mid-level engineer with some prior experience in Parts Engineering methods and practices. Our group is a small multi-disciplined team providing engineering support services to the Design and Manufacturing organizations in support of several contracts and programs such as the Dream Chaser program. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG.
The Parts Engineer will assess hardware designs and vendor parts selection lists to evaluate for compliance to customer or program requirements. The assessment will also take into consideration how hardware operates in the system, mission environmental definitions, and mission life cycle. As such, the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate prior experiences in which these other factors were a consideration.
This role requires a candidate with a prior job experience in Parts Engineering. Experience in electrical design within the aerospace, medical, automotive or oil and gas industries may also be considered.
- Coordinate across the program design teams, system engineering, test and manufacturing personnel to implement the Parts Engineering process
- Evaluate compliance of flight hardware against established Dream Chaser program EEE Parts requirements
- Perform other EEE Parts activities such as drawing generation, data package review, failure analysis review, etc.
- Establish common data and project management tools using Windchill, Microsoft Access, JIRA, Confluence, etc. to support Specialty Engineering functions.
- Provide interpretation of requirements to design teams and evaluate product designs to ensure compliance
- Lead or support failure analyses activities association with electrical parts failures.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Electrical Engineering or Physics discipline is preferable).
- At least 3 or more years of relevant experience in Parts Engineering, Component Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills required. The candidate will be expected to communicate effectively in presentations to large audiences, person to person, and in the products they develop.
- Project management experience - project definition, planning and implementation. i.e. be able to clearly demonstrate the ability to decompose large complicated problems into manageable pieces, understand problems from different points of view, and explain issues/solutions to other engineers and management.
- Flexibility in thinking/approach to balancing parts selection activities between compliance to requirements and hardware mission parameters.
- Well versed with aerospace and defense industry standards for EEE parts selection, management and control
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance at a later date may be needed
- Strong propensity for System-level thinking. An ability to understand wide-reaching impacts of decisions across the system
- Prior experience with parts failure analyses efforts
- Recent experience with precap inspection of hybrid microcircuits and devices
- Good understanding of electrical design principles, electrical parts construction methods and failure modes.