Mechanical Engineer II
- Posted 11 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related Engineering field and at least 3 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
What to look forward to:
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to design influential and life-changing products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, and more. You'll be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering difficult and complex mechanical and electro-mechanical component and system designs. You're technical responsibilities during planning, organizing, and conducting projects involves the design and development of new products and processes.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of related experience
- CAD Modeling experience (Solid Works preferred)
- Ability to create/revise technical documents
- Ability to perform basic mechanical stress analyses
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.100 Drawing Practices and ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping
- Candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated individual capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- Experience includes space based photovoltaics, solar panel design, analysis, fabrication techniques, composite sandwich structures, deployment, sequencing, and hold down mechanisms.
- Component level Finite Element Modeling experience
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.