Security Administrator II
- Posted 7 Days Ago
- Full time
- Hagerstown, MD
SUMMARY: The Security Administrator is responsible for facilitating administrative security processes such as: personnel security (PERSEC) activities, program access requests, classified visit requests, badging activities, and other general internal/external customer service functions. This position will also be involved in the management of classified material controls, administration of Physical Access Control Systems (PACS) / Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), as well as supporting Security Awareness, Training & Education (SATE) initiatives focused on a wide range of classified and proprietary programs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Initiate personnel security actions, program accesses and visit requests for SNC employees as required; support post-offer security screening process
- Maintain facility JPAS account and participate in facility utilization/upkeep of the enterprise security management information system (SIMS)
- Receive and dispatch classified material and serve as the classified document control coordinator; conduct inventories of classified holdings
- Provide security briefings and training to new employees, and participate in corporate-wide security education program
- Participate in security program self-assessment initiatives, ensuring compliance with security regulations prescribed by multiple USG agencies
- Serve as Program Security Representative (PSR) for one or more classified programs
- Generate, distribute and ensure accountability of company identification badges and visitor credentials
- Assist in the preparation of documentation and manuals outlining organizational processes, and providing the business area with relevant security policy guidance
- Support COMSEC custodian for local facility account
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support corporate-wide security initiatives and projects as assigned
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Limited domestic travel may be required, to include ongoing part-time support to Colorado Springs-area facilities
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Requires 3+ years of experience
- Detailed knowledge of NISPOM, ICDs and DoD Security Manuals desired
- Computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.