International Operations Trade Compliance Analyst III
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
SUMMARY: The International Compliance Analyst supports the International Compliance Manager in issuance of export and import policies, procedures, methods, operating practices and functional performance standards to facilitate effective implementation within program objectives and requirements for Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), to include the requirements contained in the Arms Export Control Act, Export Administration Act, International Emergency Economic Powers, US Customs regulations and certain foreign customs regulations.
- Classify products for import and export using (a) the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) according to General Rules of Interpretation (GRI’s), (b) Binding Rulings, (c) Explanatory Notes, (d) Informed Compliance Publications, (e) Reasonable Care Guides, (f) Schedule B, (g) Export Administration Regulations (EAR), (h) International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and (i) other established regulatory information.
- Research, report, and implement, international trade data in order to ensure global import, export and supply chain security compliance.
- Assist with training and providing project-specific expertise to our internal customers.
- Assist the International Trade Compliance Manager in preparing responses to Customs requests and notices in a timely fashion (CF28’s, CF29’s).
- Respond to inquiries from Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders regarding HTS and Schedule B classification, ECCN classifications, documentation requirements, or other import and export regulations to ensure timely clearance.
- Correspond with foreign vendors and Purchasing, to obtain documentation and information necessary for supply chain security and timely customs clearance of import and export transactions.
- Maintain and file import, export, and supply chain security compliance records in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Audit import and export documentation for accuracy and compliance; reconcile discrepancies; and assist in the preparation of prior disclosures, voluntary tenders, protests, or post entry adjustments (PEA).
- Maintain and distribute performance reports to provide awareness and measure effectiveness of import, export, and supply chain security compliance programs.
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies procedures and instructions manual to assure compliance with import and export laws, regulations, administrative practices, and supply chain security.
- Assist in identifying new procedures and methods to expedite the import and export of shipments, deliveries to the customers, and cost savings plans, for the efficient and compliant operation of the International Trade Compliance Department.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field with 6+ years relevant work experience. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.