Business Intelligence Developer II
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
This position is responsible for working with End Users, Business Analysts, and Data Warehouse teams to ensure a tight fit between BI environment, business requirements, and the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) platform. The BI Developer designs, configures and manages the BI tools and applications environment, develops the BI-specific semantic and metadata layer, creates reports/report definitions, creates and delivers end user training and documentation, and provides support to power users who design and author BI content/reports that enable end user decisions on behalf of their departmental colleagues.
This position can be located in either Sparks, NV or Centennial, CO.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Install, configure, deploy, maintain, and tune BI tools, including SAP Business Objects (BO) Enterprise, Lumira, and other extensions as necessary.
- Audit and benchmark BI tool functionality, security, access, rights, and performance. Troubleshoot issues as necessary while providing professional customer service.
- Create, modify, customize and maintain BI objects, reports, report templates, and content organization.
- Work on basic to moderately complex projects with individual responsibility.
- Solicit coaching on business functions and complex programming issues from peer groups.
- Work closely with Data Warehouse development and other IT staff when interfacing with business units and tackling complex issues.
- Responsible for designing and documenting functional requirements for business application reporting.
- Work independently on assigned tasks to fulfill requested changes, enhancements and updates to existing applications
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in related field
- 3+ Years Business Intelligence Developer II
- Translation of business questions and requirements into BI universes, views, reports, and query objects.
- Working knowledge of BI tool architectures, functions, features, and customization options, preferably within the SAP Business Objects Suite.
- Understanding of SQL-based relations and multidimensional designs. Strong problem solving and metadata skills.
- Required attributes for this position include a strong sense of customer/solution ownership, an overall drive for excellence, and a proven ability to successfully complete assigned duties on-time
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.