- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
We are seeking a Systems Engineer having background in EMI/EMC hardware analyses and test. To apply, you should be mid-level engineer with some experience in performing EMI/EMC assessment of hardware. You should also be able to demonstrate through work experience that you are able to manage complex technical projects with multiple participants and stakeholders. We are a small multi-disciplined team providing engineering support services to the Design and Manufacturing organizations at SNC Space Systems Group. We are seeking an individual with ability and willingness to be the emerging expert in the EMI/EMC technical area as the engineering support services group continues to grow. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG.
The EMC Engineer will evaluate customer requirements to determine their applicability to the hardware. Based upon how hardware operates in the system, they will develop verification strategies to evaluate proposed hardware design solutions and assess compliance to EMC design criteria.
- Coordinate across the program design teams, system engineering, test and manufacturing personnel to implement designs that meet electromagnetic compatibility requirements.
- Implement an EMC control plan and requirements for the given hardware program.
- Oversee the implementation of RF and self-compatibility requirements in addition to EMC requirements
- Provide interpretation of requirements to design teams and evaluate product designs to ensure compliance.
- Develop test strategies for EMC verification, generate test documentation, oversee test activities, perform and or monitor testing and generate test reports
- Coordinate with suppliers for design and test activities, review supplier documentation and processes
- Author technical and engineering memos as required.
- Originate or maintain current specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Delivery of formal presentations to upper management or customers on EMC analyses and test reports
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 6+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Electrical Engineering or Physics discipline is preferable.)
- At least 3 or more years of relevant experience in performance of EMI/EMC analyses and testing - Must be familiar with EMC test requirements, test methods and setup/performance of testing.
- Excellent communication skills needed. The candidate will be expected to communicate effectively in presentations to large audiences, person to person, and in the products they develop.
- Project management experience - project definition, planning and implementation. i.e. be able to clearly demonstrate the ability to decompose large complicated problems into manageable pieces, understand problems from different points of view, and explain issues/solutions to other engineers and management.
- Prior experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance at a later date may be needed
- Knowledge of requirements and test methods to meet MIL-STD-461 C,D,E, & F
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Strong propensity for System-level thinking. An ability to understand wide-reaching impacts of decisions across the system.
- Ability to decompose large complicated problems into manageable pieces, understand problems from different points of view, and explain issues/solutions to other engineers and management.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.