Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Part time
- Centennial, CO
SUMMARY: Interns will work with a designated mentor or team to gain a thorough understanding of the career field of interest to include theory and practical application of obtained knowledge. The intern will benefit from mentoring, coaching and side-by-side work with knowledgeable and experienced experts in the field. The objective is real, hands-on work assignments related to intern’s major, providing them with skills vitally important in today’s business environment. Those interested in employment following an internship will be considered based on current openings, performance during internship, and proximity to graduation.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Enrolled in Bachelor's degree or Master's in Software Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- It is desired that full-time students have a GPA of 3.2 or above; 3.0 or above for working students.
- Technical skills complimentary to the field of interest.
- Strong skills in Word, Excel and Visio; Access is a plus.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Presentation skills using Powerpoint helpful.
- Strong organization skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience with CAD modeling software, especially Solidworks
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC