Sr Cloud Database Administrator (Contract)
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
As a Cloud Database Administrator you will engage with the Data Operations team and business areas and support the planning, design, and implementation of cloud SaaS/RDS database systems. The ideal candidate will work side-by-side with the Data Operations team, helping to ensure stable, consistent, and reliable production operations for both on premises SQL servers and cloud-implemented databases while working on improvements that expand customer service levels. The ideal candidate will have a deep experience with leading-edge data technologies and a passion for helping companies apply those technologies to unlock new business opportunities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems, Business, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 10+ years as a SQL database administrator.
- 4+ years of previous hands-on database administration with AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience with Azure/AWS database installation, configuration, backup, recovery, tuning, and support.
- Experience implementing solutions in SDLC (software development lifecycle) environments.
- Strong communication skills.
- Design and maintenance of data and database solutions
- Identify, maintain, and audit database standards, best practices, and processes.
- Database installation and configuration (2012, 2014 and 2016 versions).
- Performance tuning and system optimization.
- Understand Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure architecture in general, be subject matter expert on the cloud database offerings, their differences and limitations.
- Provide strategic design and consultancy for cloud database services.
- Perform research on an enterprise Cloud SQL architecture, partner with DBAs in defining standards and best practices.
AWS/Azure SQL Databases
- Migration of SQL server databases from on-premise to Azure IAAS/PAAS.
- Expertise in architecting and implementing high availability and disaster recovery solutions for SQL server databases running on Azure or AWS.
- Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations, and onboarding new applications and/or clients.
- Implement cloud security models along with data masking, de-identification and encryption methodologies, and establish appropriate end-user access control levels.
- Implement database technology policies and procedures for maximum systems uptime.
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external).
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.