Supplier Diversity Manager
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
SUMMARY: The Small Business Administration (SBA) Manager leads SNC’s SBA organization. They constantly strive to improve SNC’s Small Business Program and to develop the skills of others in the Small Business department. They work closely with Procurement and Subcontracts organizations as well as Accounting, Pricing, Program Management and Contracts. They establish, review and update controls to maintain a Government compliant and approved Small Business program.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Actively seek small businesses, including those owned by minorities, women, and veterans, capable of providing products and services in support of SNC’s supply chain.
- Develop annual objectives in concert with departmental, company, and government/customer goals.
- Generate effective communications, good relations, and a positive image with suppliers and coworkers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness
- Maintain Small Business (SB) program performance data for periodic review by Procurement/Subcontracts, Program Management, Senior Management and Government Representatives
- Provide procedural guidance to ensure effective consideration of and participation by SB concerns in the awards of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Develop/author subcontract plans including percentages and dollar goals for participation of SB concerns for Federal Agency contracts, proposals, and modifications valued at $700,000 or more where the proposed effort offers subcontracting opportunities in accordance with RFP/Contract Terms and Conditions
- Conduct training and provide assistance relevant to SB concerns/outreach for procurement and subcontracts personnel.
- Compile and maintain a database of potential SB concerns to assist technical and procurement personnel in locating/sourcing and contracting with such concerns; also attend trade shows and other conferences promoting and identifying small businesses.
- Cooperate with and provide assistance to local SBA representatives with respect to periodic reviews and/or opportunity referrals and outreach programs.
- Assure that small business concerns are given consideration in make-or-buy decisions
- Review, prepare and monitor the corporate Small Business Subcontracting Plan requirements, including preparation and analysis of monthly metric reporting, conducting periodic training for internal staff as required by statutory requirements and as dictated by business
- Prepare semi-annual Individual Subcontract Reports (ISR), Summary Subcontract Reports (SSR), SF-294s, and SF-295s
- Assist in compliance reviews with the Small Business Administration, DCAA, Internal/External Audit, and other oversight agencies as required
- Directly/indirectly counsel small businesses on subcontracting opportunities and how to prepare bids in responding to RFQ requests
- Confirm the small business type/classification represented by the bidder and maintain accurate vendor data within Costpoint.
- Coordinating SB activities with Government or other customer counterparts on a continual basis to ensure that SNC remains compliant and aware of changing small business requirements.
- Ensure that SNC large business subcontractors submit acceptable Small Business Subcontracting Plans and submit their semi-annual reports in the eSRS online reporting system. Evaluate and approve the reports.
- Ensure the accuracy of SNC’s supplier data in Costpoint.
- Ensure that FFATA (Federal Funding and Transparency Act) information is verified and entered into FSRS (FFATA Subaward Reporting System) on time as required by law.
- Participation in DoD Supplier Councils, NASA Prime Contractor Councils, Small Business Matchmaker Events, Minority Institution Events and any other functions that assist or identify small businesses.
- Oversee the SBA reporting requirements of SNC Mentor-Protégé agreements.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
This position requires frequent travel.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- CPSD (Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity) from the Institute of Supply Management is preferred.
- Basic knowledge acquired through 10+ years procurement experience
- Strong PC skills are required
- Ability to represent the company effectively is essential
- Requires comprehensive written, verbal and personal communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of SNC and supplier management
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.