Mass Properties Engineer II
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide mass properties engineering in accordance with industry standards and Society of Allied Weight Engineers (SAWE) best practices. Analyze mass properties impacts of internal and external modifications, and impacts to systems and subsystems
- Analyze and account for changes in mass properties throughout program lifecycle
- Model and calculate mass properties data to support all phases of project development. Translate customer requirements into mass models for development of mission profiles. Analyze mission configurations using 2D drawings and 3D CAD.
- Generate mass properties distributions for modifications and integrate with OEM data for input to structural loads models
- Manage subcontractor efforts related to mass properties including vendor weight control
- Lead weight reduction tasks
- Articulate mass properties requirements, risks, opportunities, and status at formal design reviews to both internal and external customers
- Generate FAA and DoD mass properties documentation meeting requirements of airworthiness certification including weight and balance manuals, supplements, and equipment lists
- Perform weight and balance measurements of components and final products. Coordinate mass properties requirements with multi-disciplinary teams including maintenance, production, logistics support, flight test, flight operations and other disciplines
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Familiarity with SAWE and American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Recommended Practices and Standards, Automated Weight and Balance System (AWBS) and FAA airworthiness regulations
- Knowledge and experience in aircraft operations, familiarity with Microsoft Office, and 3D CAD/CAM tools (Solidworks preferred)
- Familiarity with aerospace system design and integration, manufacture, and maintainability, including familiarity with best practices in mechanical, electrical, and systems design
- Must be a problem solver capable of working alone or with a technical team in a fast paced environment
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain, current/active (in-scope) Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.