Field Service Technician II
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Hurlburt Field, FL
SUMMARY: The Field Service Technician will provide quick response to customer requests for product support. The tasks performed will include but not be limited to, system and device troubleshooting and problem evaluation as well as performing and/or supporting the necessary rework or repairs required to return the equipment to functional status. The Field Service Technician will also be instrumental in preparing reports and will work in conjunction with the Configuration Manager to update and track the configuration status of the fielded units.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide technical support to SNC customers in order to give quick problem assessment and corrections for the fielded units
- Responsible for documenting all customer interactions and must implement and/or support implementation for hardware, software, or training issue changes according to approved SNC instructions.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day is expected.
- Ability to work scheduled work hours across a 24 hr, 3-shift operation to include weekends when necessary is required
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- Travel to remote locations worldwide with relatively short notice
- Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
NC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 2 years experience
- CompTIA Security + highly preferred.
- Current clearance preferred.
- High School Diploma.
- Must be familiar with and have the ability to use lab equipment including but not limited to; DVM, Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Power Meters, Frequency Synthesizers, Network and Spectrum Analyzers
- Capability to apply learned techniques for electro-mechanical assembly and be capable of while meeting SNC fabrication and assembly workmanship standards
- The technician must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal, for report preparation and customer interface
- Technician must be able to perform assigned tasks related to this level of expertise with minimal supervision.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement