- Posted 3 Days Ago
- Full time
- Herndon, VA
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s nContext Business Unit is utilizing cutting edge DevOps and Cloud technologies to build scalable applications and frameworks for geospatial solutions in support of our Intelligence Community customers. Our solution allows agencies such as the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) to quickly respond to dynamic end-user requirements and deliver mission-critical capability to users all over the world. *This position is located in Springfield, VA*
We are looking for an enthusiastic Dev Ops Engineer that will help create innovative cloud solutions using Amazon Web Services and C2S customer environments. As a DevOps engineer your goal will be to automate scheduling of jobs, develop scripts that monitor performance and report errors, develop strategies for automatic error recovery at the same time making sure that cloud resources are being optimally utilized. This position requires working with technical leads, data scientists and project managers in a Scrum based Agile environment. This position is based out of the NGA in Springfield, Virginia.
- Create, configure, implement, document and maintain ingestion, enrichment and analytic pipelines using distributed big data platform.
- Create, configure and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Extend base platform functionality by adding new ingestion sources.
- Identify, evaluate and implement monitoring frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
- Extend base platform functionality by adding new ingestion and analytic sources
- Identify, evaluate and implement big data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience implementing and automating DevOps continuous integration and deployment pipelines and functions using Docker, Chef/Puppet, Jenkins, Git, CircleCI.
- Experience working with cloud laaS environments using laaS platforms such as those provided by AWS, OpenStack, Rackspace, Google Cloud, Eucalyptus, and VMWare.
- Good knowledge of AWS
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster
- Python development experience.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Understanding of Big Data Technologies and the ecosystem viz, Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience managing NoSQL databases, such as HBbase, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks with various messaging systems, such as AWS SQS, Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing and developing software
- Experience in project definition
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance required
This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.