Program Manager II
- Posted 7 Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
Indirect Projects reports to the Director of Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO). This role is responsible for managing one to many projects and initiatives in varying Indirect Enterprise areas. The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to communication and collaboration, and detailed follow-through will be the key to success in this role. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the project management processes and methodologies. The candidate will need to be bright, imaginative, and a capable manager with strong communication skills. The pace is exceptionally fast and dynamic at SNC. The Program Manager - Indirect Projects will need to be agile and flexible, as changes will be certain and frequent.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide leadership and oversight on various Indirect enterprise projects of a varying complex nature
- Provide the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of assigned programs
- Monitor, update, and report on Indirect project performance/status in accordance with associated CPPM processes and framework
- As part of the Enterprise Project Management team for Indirect programs, the candidate will serve as the lead in preparing Internal Request for Proposal (IRFP) for Indirect projects and will act as Proposal Manager for the same.
- Regularly communicate to management regarding status of project deliverables
- Actively and continuously identify, monitor, control, and communicate project risks and opportunities
- Assemble project plans, track key project milestones, and communicate status to stakeholders and management
- Identify the staffing/resource needs for assigned and on-the-horizon projects to ensure adequate staffing for successful project completion
- Primary representative with the sponsor/stakeholders on their assigned programs
- Responsible to maintain close contact with the sponsor/stakeholder organization to ensure the highest possible level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure a continuous line of communication is kept open with the appropriate sponsor/stakeholder representatives to maintain a high level of program status awareness, provide timely recognition and resolution of problems, identify follow-on business opportunities, and prevent surprises
- Support the development and execution of the Corporate Program Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/T) annual plan within assigned area of responsibility, as requested
- Support the development and execution of the Enterprise Program Management (EPMO) strategic and Annual Plan, as requested
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years equivalent experience in business management, engineering, or a related field of study
- Must have EVMS
- PMs shall possess extensive knowledge of the program management disciplines that are assigned to manage a specific SNC program or programs.
- Superior knowledge of project management disciplines and project Team dynamics
- Demonstrated and successfully managed large complex and cross functional projects
- Ability to influence others to desired outcome
- Comprehensive knowledge of organizational change management methodologies and principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise, business and functional strategies and goals
- Ability to solve, successfully and independently, complex tasks through own decision making
- Other required skills include but are not limited to: team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
- Strong aptitude to connect with business processes and quickly learn business operations in order to support and interact with corporate-level project stakeholders
- Demonstrated high level of integrity with significant attention to detail and quality
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement of state.