- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time
- Herndon, VA
SUMMARY: Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), in Herndon VA is working on large scale technology solutions. These solutions include large scale data analytical platforms, commercial imagery solutions and cyber solutions. We work on deep technical problems that span a variety of missions. We are seeking a Systems Engineer who feels strongly about supporting and improving these solutions to make an impact on our customers’ missions. As a Systems Engineer at SNC, you will have the opportunity to support multiple programs across the organization. You will apply a systems engineering approach and methodology to a wide variety of development, integration, analysis, and test/evaluation efforts. You will support programs from the early phases of program capture through integration and test. The Systems Engineer should have a good working knowledge of the associated engineering disciplines such as software development and integration. Many of our programs follow an agile development/ integration methodology and in those programs, you may support as a Scrum Master. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential to success. You will be responsible for establishing a backlog of requirements, generation of project plans, test plans, test reports, architecture diagrams and presentations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead the project efforts to interpret customer requirements and decompose them into system requirements and project backlog items.
- Originate technical evaluations, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design, development, and integration activities.
- Lead Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and other formal and informal engineering discussions with teammates, customers, and external stakeholders.
- Brief customers and internal leadership on technical progress, risks, and alternative courses of action.
- Research, test and evaluate Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products against customer requirements and use cases.
- Create architecture diagrams
- Research and analyze alternative technologies
- Create technical content for white papers, statements of work, and technical proposals.
- Act as a technical liaison to the Program Manager
- Travel up to 10%.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, and SKILLS:
- Requires a BS in Systems Engineering or related Engineering field.
- 3+ years of related engineering experience.
- Excellent communication skills required in both verbal and written
- Understanding of systems engineering lifecycle, to include requirements analysis, design and integration, and trade studies.
- Experience creating technical reports and presentations
- Knowledge of DoD, DHS, and IC mission, requirements, processes, and systems.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with one or more of the following subject matters and technologies: geospatial intelligence, remote sensing, signal processing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud architectures, big data, DevOps.
- Experience working on agile programs.
- Experience working with NGA or other DoD/IC customers.
- Understanding of project management best practices.
- DHS Suitability and Secret clearance
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.