Structural Technician Lead
- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the efficient and economical performance of all assigned maintenance and modification duties
- Performs structural modifications/ maintenance on aircraft, in or about back shops, maintenance bases and remote sites; work includes, but is not limited to, dismantling, repairing, fabricating, assembling and erecting structural components of aircraft and aircraft components
- Performs maintenance work including, but not limited to, repairing and maintaining machinery and hangar equipment relevant to the position
- Assists Leads, Supervisors or Inspectors as required during inspection verification or modification/maintenance procedures
- Performs all assigned maintenance duties in accordance with the manufacturer's applicable maintenance manuals, policies, procedures and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR)
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
- High School Diploma or relevant work experience.
- Maintenance experience on DoD aircraft preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance required
- FCC License preferred
- FAA repair station experience is desired
- Experience on DoD/fixed wing turboprop and rotary wing aircraft is desired
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting drawings, diagrams, and manuals; aircraft avionics/other systems; wire coding systems; avionics test equipment; knowledge of manuals necessary to perform job; skilled using basic hand tools, operate ground support equipment, troubleshoot engine electrical/electronic systems, and measuring using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function
Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be required.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.