STORM - Field Service Engineer II (Fort Gordon)
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Moody AFB, GA
This is an interesting, challenging, and complex work effort requiring the very best applicants. At the current time we are searching for applicants for Systems Administrator and Mission Equipment Maintenance roles. If you meet these qualifications and are interested in joining our unique, growing team, please apply as indicated.
- Provide Mission Equipment maintenance support in an high OPTEMPO environment, meeting or exceeding required Operational Availability
- Familiarity with all aspects of the operation and maintenance of the mission equipment specified under the field service contract
- Work directly with CONUS engineering support staff during periodic system upgrades or modifications
- Install, integrate, and test mission equipment on specialized platforms
- Perform periodic system performance testing to ensure proper mission equipment operation
- Understand system operation and operation techniques in order to operate systems efficiently and effectively
- Isolate and report hardware and software defects to appropriate engineering groups
- Review system data including, logs, test reports, and other troubleshooting products to identify system errors and provide feedback to operators, analysts, and CONUS engineering support staff
- Provide daily reports of maintenance activities and system status
Other Desired Skills Duties:
- Familiarity with Network File Systems (NFS, GPFS, Lustre, Samba, CIFS)
- Experience with DoD Software, Security, and Accreditation policies and tools
- Windows 10 systems administration experience required
- Cisco knowledge (Cisco CCNA/CCNP preferred)
- Hands-on expertise with a wide variety of network related tools, concepts, technologies, best practices and security procedures
- Hands-on expertise with network hardware, protocols (DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP, UDP, Multicast Streaming), and media including but not limited to Fiber Optics, UTP, Wireless,
Cisco, Microsoft, Linux, VMWare, or other technical certifications a plus
Provide Tier 1 Technical Support and troubleshooting at forward deployed locations, providing real time expertise to maintain mission OPTEMPO
- Support timely installation of routine and ad hoc system and security updates
- Support configuration management of systems/environments in accordance with documented processes
- Support the deployment of system upgrades to include technical refresh of systems, or the technical insertion of major hardware/software upgrades
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- DoD 8570/8140 compliance certifications (as required per role): Security +, CASP, CISSP, ISSEP and/or other equivalent certification (desired) *Required within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to balance cybersecurity requirements with SNC’s mission, goals, and culture
- 3+ years relevant working experience
- BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires current/active secret (with TS eligibility) U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.