Lead Engineering Technician Specialist
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Silicon Valley, CA
The Engineering Technician is responsible for the build of engineering development systems, troubleshooting systems in support engineering development activities, building brass board systems, performing testing activities, and providing support for hardware engineers. The Engineering Technician performs engineering support functions under the direction of an Engineer or Engineering Management. This position offers the opportunity to work with a team of highly talented engineers on exciting programs utilizing cutting edge technologies to provide our customers with innovative, state-of-the-art products.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 10 plus years of engineering technician experience
- Utilizes standard laboratory test equipment including: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, voltmeters and other measurement equipment to perform engineering support functions
- Troubleshoots equipment using standard documentation packages including assembly drawings and schematics
- Understands hardware schematic designs for trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Works with various levels of the system (from component level, to board level, to the system level) to identify and resolve performance problems
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on complex small form factor ARM processor based hardware designs (USB, Ethernet, PCIe, SPI, uSD, UART interfaces)
- Knowledge of analog and digital hardware design
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze hardware using standard laboratory test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, volt meters, etc.
- Ability to read hardware schematic designs
- Ability to perform low level design activities such as cable designs, adaptors, brass boards
- Ability to build engineering level cables, adaptors, and brass boards
- Ability to perform engineering level soldering tasks
- Understands, plans and executes testing and troubleshooting activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, work instructions and specific customer requirements
- Completes parts lists, checks drawings, generates and processes engineering/document change requests, notices, and/or orders and other general engineer tasking with direction from Engineers
- Responsible for low level design activities including cable design, ICD generation, and non-complex circuit layout/brass boarding
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Must have current security clearance is required
- This position requires current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.