Principal Electrical Engineer (Spacecraft Power Systems Engineer)
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
Job Description Summary SNC is searching for highly motivated engineers and engineering leads to develop and integrate new capabilities in space and near-space platforms, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The preferred candidate will have a mix of space system development and payload integration experience, and/or a background in space systems I&T and mission operations. Excellent technical management, team leadership, and communication skills are critical. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders is a must.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Initiate problem solving for new product designs and as well as existing products
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities.
- Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
- Ensure product manufacturability, testability and supportability
- Participate in design integration with customer requirements and industry standards
- Assemble, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics
- Responsible for the design and development of units from concept through qualification
- Cost Account Management experience desired
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- 14+ Years previous experience
- Knowledge of interface and design documentation such as Functional block diagrams, PCB design, layout, and fabrication documentation skills
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills required. The candidate will be expected to communicate effectively in presentations to large audiences, person to person, and in the products they develop.
- Experience working on space programs.
- Outside of the box thinking to support development of innovative new concepts.
- Strong propensity for system-level thinking. An ability to understand wide-reaching impacts of decisions across the system.
- Ability to decompose large complicated problems into manageable pieces, understand problems from different points of view, and explain issues/solutions to other engineers and management.
- This position requires current/active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.