Principal Mechanical Engineer (Spacecraft Design)
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and schematics
- Broad knowledge of Systems Engineering, Spacecraft & Aero, and other engineering disciplines a must
- Experience with SolidWorks and Creo programs as well as structural analysis tools and add-ons required
- Ability to lead an engineering team, take the initiative and work on a variety of simultaneous projects and programs in a fast paced environment is required, as well as working an individual contributor occasionally.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Work with other Engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system issues and provide technical information
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
- Ensure conformance of products with Engineering design and performance specifications
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
- Conduct research that test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems
- Estimate costs and submit bids for Engineering
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Ability to travel occasionally required
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- position requires 14+ years relevant working experience.
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- This position requires current/active Top Secret/Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
- Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description