Senior Project Engineer - Comms Systems
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
The Dream Chaser Spacecraft Communication System Design Engineering team is responsible for developing, delivering and maintaining the Communication Subsystem that will be verified to meet the Dream Chaser vehicle performance requirements during Orbit, Rendezvous, Entry, Descent and Landing phases of flight. The Communication System Project Engineer is a leadership position in the Spacecraft Element for the Dream Chaser Cargo System. This position is for an experienced leader who can support the Spacecraft Hardware Director and the Communication System technical lead in managing the Communication System design engineering project. This position is approximately 75% management and 25% technical support.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supporting the Spacecraft Hardware Director and the Communication System technical lead in managing the Communication System design engineering project
- Minimizing development costs, maintaining schedule, evaluating technical decisions, evaluating risks and supervising leads.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customer
- Support the Spacecraft Element in maintaining strong vendor relationships.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Travel as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, etc.
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is required
- Minimum of 10 years of direct experience in new development for space.
- Minimum of 2 years management and leadership of direct reports on a complex development program
- Effective in working with multidisciplinary environment with leadership responsibilities.
- Solid understanding of planning, scheduling, hardware specifications, system testing and interface control.
- Software Development
- Experience with defining, developing and delivering space qualified hardware
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and is able to work with a wide variety of technical engineers
- Ability to meet fundamental knowledge, skills and abilities as stated in SNC Responsibility Matrix
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Common Communications for Visiting Vehicles (C2V2) design experience
- Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) design experience
- NASA ISS Mission experience
- Previous earned value management experience
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.