Principal Systems Engineer
- Posted 10 Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
The Systems Engineer reports to the Program Manager on the program he/she is supporting and works in concert with the Project Engineer and lead functional engineers in execution of the program. The Systems Engineer is the technical lead of the engineering team and is the Program Manager’s technical liaison. The Systems Engineer is responsible for decomposition of requirements, generation and allocation of specifications, control documents, plans and reports in support of the development. The Systems Engineer supports programs from the early phases of program capture through integration and test. The Systems Engineer should have intimate knowledge of the product technology and a good working knowledge of the associated engineering disciplines.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support business development in defining systems architectures for business opportunities during the program capture phase
- Support the engineering team on refining the system architecture during the proposal effort
- Work closely with the project engineer and manufacturing in developing the Engineering Program Plan (EPP)
- Lead the program efforts to interpret customer requirements and decompose them into hardware and system requirements and specifications
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Act as a technical liaison to he Program Manager
Integration experience for ISR packages and experience in integrating into an aircraft platform is a plus to include:
- Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) Sensors
- Multi-Mode Surveillance Radars
- Synthetic Aperture Radars (SAR)
- Internet Protocol (IP) based Beyond Line Of Sight (BLOS) Satellite Communication Systems
- UHF/VHF BLOS data and voice communications
- UHF/VHF Line Of Sight (LOS) data and voice communications
- LOS data communications for L, S and C band
- Mission system networks
- Mission system computers
- Mission system software
- User/Operation command and control stations
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience a plus. This includes but not limited to the following.
- Experience with and understanding of object oriented design using SysML or UML to comply with DoDAF compliant architectures.
- Worked on requirements modeling, use case analysis, behavior analysis, functional architecture, and interface design.
- Hands-on familiarization with NoMagic’s MagicDraw and/or NoMagic’s Cameo Architecture or other MBSE tools.
Work closely with manufacturing engineering to:
- Ensure product manufacturability, testability and supportability
- Plan production fixtures, test procedures and test equipment
- Support the project engineer in tracking the EPP
- Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
- Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to SNC standards and customer requirements
- Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems
ANTICIPATED LABOR UTILIZATION:
Review Anticipated Labor Utilization as applicable to position as stated in the Business Area Labor Utilization Matrix
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- 14+ years of related experience
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as stated in Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement