Software Engineer II - AI/ML
- Posted 10 Days Ago
- Full time
- San Antonio, TX
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) Business Area provides affordable, high impact solutions to our customers’ challenging requirements in the areas of C4ISR, electronic warfare, cyber, navigation and landing systems, key management systems and big data management. We are seeking a talented software engineer with experience in Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning (AI/ML) Development and creation of high-performance implementations of deep learning algorithms. Preferred basic research applications areas include development of new and improved methods for classification, generative models and unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning, end-to-end learning, meta-learning, and evolutionary algorithms. Python development experience is required with some experience using PyTorch and/or Tensorflow/Keras and/or other relevant deep learning platform. Java, C/C++ server side development and GUI Development experience are desirable, but not mandatory. The efforts we are working on entail the utilization of software techniques to develop innovative systems designed for multi-intelligence correlation and Human Language Technologies. Developers must be able to take a task and given specific requirements, implement modules/applications on time and correctly. SNC is always pushing the envelope on new technologies so developers need to be able to research the latest advances in technology and development techniques that industry standard is adopting and implement them in accordance with the guidance provided by project leads.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with project leads and customers.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions.
- Elicit, derive, and document software and/or system requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications
- Write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware components.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, etc.
- Devise, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, work instructions, and specific customer requirements.
- Develop appropriate plans for algorithm development, test, and evaluation.
- Implement and advance state of the art for SNC customer challenges.
- Execute work schedule in accordance with Program Manager and Tech Lead guidance.
- Perform other duties as required by Program Manager and Tech Leads. Travel will vary depending on the phase of the project, but a fair estimate is travel will constitute less than 10% of annual work schedule.
- BS degree in relevant Engineering field, Computer Science (or equivalent) with emphasis on AI/ML, software development and algorithm design. MS degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience in positions involving design and development of machine learning enabled software solutions.
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Experience with AI/ML tools including Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, CNTK, ONNX, Caffe, or related
- Experience with Convolution/Recurrent Neural Networks (CNN, RNN), Long Short-Term memory (LSTM)
- SVN / Github
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement