Configuration Analyst II
- Posted 10 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
The Configuration Data Analyst (CDA) reports directly to the Senior Configuration Manager (CM). The CDA will be responsible for managing, planning, reporting and coordinating activities concerned with document and data control, product and documentation configuration management, and engineering change status for specific assigned programs. The individual will perform detailed drawing and documentation checking/proofing and be required to interface with Program Management, Engineering, Contracts, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance Departments to initiate, process, and release formal changes to related documentation. They also will be required to monitor and enforce established configuration management processes providing support to other corporate locations, business areas, departments, subcontractors, vendors, and customers by processing change requests and providing CM consultation in a timely and efficient manner. The CDA functions as a back-up subject matter expert and system administrator for the CM software tool set.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Cultivates formal understanding of document control, configuration management and engineering drawing and documentation practices, formats, requirements and checking functions
- Assists CM with bid/proposal preparation and planning of each project’s configuration management and document control requirements
- Coordinates program activities designed to provide management, subcontractors, and customers with information on proposed and/or approved design changes
- Audits subcontractor’s technical documentation and prepares procedures to verify compliance with contract requirements
- Applies technical and administrative direction and surveillance over the life cycle of assigned programs and items to identify and document the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items
- Records and reports information needed to manage configuration items effectively, including the status of proposed changes and implementation status of approved changes
- Monitors configuration items to verify conformance to specifications, drawings, interface control documents, as defined with the program’s configuration management
- Controls the application of digital data file configuration identification and configuration status accounting
- Ensures design and technical data documentation is processed through the collaboration and CCB cycles via the electronic CM software tool (e. g. , MasterControl, Agile, etc. ) using an appropriate Engineering Change Order/Request
- Provides drawing and documentation checking/proofing function as directed by the Sr. CM or Director/Manager of Engineering Services
- Provides support to and consults with CM on issues regarding enterprise business areas
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Individual to have Associates degree and 5 years of engineering design documentation experience and/or equivalent design drafting experience
- Experience in a configuration management position within a DOD engineering/manufacturing environment desired
- Software as well as Electro-Mechanical Configuration Management experience preferred
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and intra/internet environment is required
- Experience with MS Office and AutoCAD; 3-D CAD modeling experience and familiarity with associated tools (Inventor, SolidWorks, Pro-E, etc. )
- Experienced with web based information transfer systems preferred
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.