Configuration Analysis Manager II - Configuration and Data Management (C&DM) Lead
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
Manager of Configuration and Data Management manages, plans, reports and coordinates activities concerned with document and data control, product and documentation configuration management, and engineering change status. Interfaces with Program Managers, Engineering, Contracts, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance Departments to initiate, process, and release formal changes to technical data and documentation. Develops and/or monitors and enforces established configuration and data management processes. Provides support to other corporate locations, business areas, departments, subcontractors, vendors, and customers by processing change requests and providing CM consultation in a timely and efficient manner.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Coordinates program Configuration and Data Management activities among program staff, subcontractors, and customers
- Devises and implements a program wide data architecture scheme; Creates and enforces policies for effective data management; Generates a Data Management Plan
- Develops and implements processes for functional and physical audits and configuration status accounting
- Ownership of the Program Configuration Management Plan and its processes
- Facilitates and monitors change and variance traffic for the program
- Audits subcontractor’s technical documentation and prepares procedures to verify compliance with contract requirements
- Records and reports information needed to manage configuration items effectively, including the status of proposed changes and implementation status of approved changes
- Monitors and maintains configuration of software and related data, which is defined in the program’s software change configuration management plan
- Ensures design and technical data documentation is processed through the collaboration and CCB cycles using the electronic DM/PLM tool Windchill
- Provides support to and consults on C&DM issues with enterprise divisions and subsidiaries
- Follows departmental instructions described in the Engineering Department Instructions.
Education/Experience and skills required:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Degree in engineering or equivalent preferred
- Have at least 5 years of experience in configuration management position
Must be fluent in the knowledge of how Change and Configuration Management is done within a PLM system (Windchill or Enovia preferred)
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.