Program Manager III - Senior Advisor/Manager for Propulsion & Vehicle Systems
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Madison, WI
Job Description Summary SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leader with experience in development of integrated booster/vehicle systems with innovative propulsion technologies
- Full understanding of integrated missile/vehicle needs and requirements knowledge of hypersonics desired; have knowledge of necessary subsystems and components.
- Able to lead and iterate trade studies, analyses for propulsion, and manage vehicle designs from concept to final design through iterations of trajectory and mission performance analyses
- Ability to plan and lead internal developments for a fast paced development cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to remove barriers to develop creative strategic solutions and resolve programmatic concerns regarding on-time deliveries spanning across the entire range of the development life cycle.
- Proactive and strong program planning and execution driving internal activities and milestones to assure customer success.
- Significant risk management expertise with an ability to plan and execute mitigations; Knowledgeable in Risk Management and the application of Risk Management tools in program execution in the areas of technical, cost, and schedule
- Manage programs with full responsibility for cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Effective communication/presentation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated and available customer relationship building and collaboration abilities to support solution developments with customers and develop teaming relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead diverse technical teams including customers, team members, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficient use of program management tools such as Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes
- Demonstrated strong customer relationship building and collaboration abilities within the company, with supply chain, and with customers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in related field required
- Minimum of 10+ years’ program management experience leading multi-disciplined teams spanning the entire program life-cycle
- PMs shall possess extensive knowledge of the program management disciplines that are assigned to manage a specific SNC program or programs.
- PM required skills include but are not limited to: team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Previous Military experience is helpful; e.g., Knowledge of DARPA, USAF, Navy, and Army organizations, priorities, programs, and goals.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain, current/active (in-scope) a Secret and possibly Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. This can be added later as the SNC specific requirements independent of position.