Test Engineer II
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now. SUMMARY: The Test Engineer is responsible for developing formal production tests for components, subassemblies, assemblies and systems. This includes writing formal Desktop Instructions (DI-), In-Process Test procedures (IPT), and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP). The Test Engineer is responsible for the development and the design of any special test equipment (STE) and fixtures in support of development and production testing. The Test Engineer also provides technical testing support to the Test Technicians.
The Test Engineer is responsible for developing formal production tests for components, subassemblies, assemblies and systems. This includes writing formal Desktop Instructions (DI-), In-Process Test procedures (IPT), and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP). The Test Engineer is responsible for the development and the design of any special test equipment (STE) and fixtures in support of development and production testing. The Test Engineer also provides technical testing support to the Test Technicians.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designs and develops special test equipment (STE), test fixtures and prescribes test set-ups in support of development and production testing requirements
- Support the Test Manager in identifying capital and contract STE and test fixtures in support of test equipment near-term demands and forecast
- Maintain a high level of competence by staying abreast of state-of-the-art testing methods and technologies
- Interface directly with the Program Managers, Systems Engineers and Project Engineers to assist in the development of Test procedures, including First Article, Reliability, Environmental, Production and Acceptance Testing
- Attend and participate in Engineering design reviews to contribute to the understanding of test requirements
- Work directly with the Test Technicians providing technical guidance and support as necessary in test methods, equipment and test set-ups
- Prepare IPT’s and ATP’s assuring that the procedures support the program test requirements
- Provide technical support for off-site environmental, integration and acceptance testing requirements
- Perform the testing requirements professionally while being observed by the customer or Government representatives
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training and adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance Regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- Thorough technical understanding of testing methodologies and state-of-the-art automated and semi-automated test equipment.
- Experienced with environmental testing including qualification, reliability and first-article testing
- Ability to prepare complex test procedures with a test equipment design background
- Training on specific hardware and technologies will be performed on the job by the Test Manager; however the Test Engineer must have demonstrated basic knowledge of electronic circuits and troubleshooting and knowledge of electronic test equipment
Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be required.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.