Sr Aviation Material Handler
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time
- Moody AFB, GA
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled Organization Level maintenance actions
- Maintain and service aircraft armament equipment, upload, download of ordnance stores and devices
- Perform systems tests and checks as required
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and free of FOD
- Maintain required logs and records
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations
- Conduct pre and post flight checks
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Extensive worldwide travel required
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach over head
- Must be able to travel to different worldwide locations as required
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Must have documented experience with aircraft conventional ordnance, ordnance launching mechanisms, basic upload/download procedures, armament loaders and associated special aviation weapons support equipment and general aviation support equipment
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Ability to utilize all related maintenance manuals, maintenance requirement cards, parts breakdown manuals, technical directives, diagrams, schematics, blueprints and drawings
- Thorough knowledge of flight line operations and procedures
- Previous recent experience working organizational level ordnance
- Must be able to be certified to handle all conventional ordnance, and explosive ordnance driver
- Possess a valid US State Driver's License
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.