A&P Mechanic Sr
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time
- Duke Field, FL
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Aircraft and engine maintenance as required or needed
- Following established and normal aviation safety procedures and processes
- Maintaining complete and accurate maintenance records
- Complying with scheduled inspections and maintenance.
- Performing necessary maintenance and repairs or replacements on the aircraft, its subsystems, and components
- Repairing sheet metal or composite surfaces and assemblies
- Inspecting and repairing corrosion, distortion, and cracks in the fuselage, wings, tail and other subassemblies IAW with applicable instructions and directives
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external) as well as FAA regulations
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach over head
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
Note: This position is considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is required
- FAA A&P Certification
- This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.