HR Generalist III (HRBP)
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning human resources strategy and service with business objectives in designated business areas (BAs) and/or functional organizations. The position serves as a consultant to leadership on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as a strategic partner and operations consultant to the business while facilitating resolutions and responding to emergencies when necessary. The position assesses and anticipates HR-related requirements. Balancing the needs of the business with those of the enterprise, HRBPs communicate proactively with internal HR partners (COEs, Shared Services, other HRBPs) and business leadership to develop integrated solutions. The position develops partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to leadership and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of literacy about organizational and business strategy, financial position, culture, and competition.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 6+ Years HR Generalist/Employee Relations/HRBP
- PHR Preferred
- Requires a BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Experience working in other business operations functions is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state employment laws, safety regulations, and general HR expertise; able to make effective employment and performance recommendations based on laws and company policies.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence at all levels of the organization with the goal of continually helping the business improve operating performance; ability to display courage.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to develop high levels of credibility, forging solid and positive professional relationships.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and the ability to balance the needs of assigned BAs with those of the enterprise. Leverage networks of internal HR and other partners as well as external resources to deliver HR service.
- Ability to anticipate, plan for, and coach leaders and managers to manage impacts to the business.
- Ability to act as a change leader supporting change management plans in the business.
- Ability to manage projects and develop processes.
- Ability to understand strategic plans and to communicate them on behalf of the BA. Ability to use understanding of strategy to guide operational decisions.
- Demonstrate business acumen, including gathering business requirements and becoming thoroughly familiar and up-to-date with operations, strategy, financial position, culture, and competition of assigned BA(s).
- Demonstrate organizational acumen, including financial acumen. Understand organizational financial statements, HR financials, cost of benefits, compensation programs, incentive programs, and how HR programs impact the financial performance of assigned BA(s) and the enterprise.
- Demonstrate talent management (TM) acumen and the ability to communicate with and coach leaders and managers about TM programs, such as career mapping and succession planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of HR metrics and analytics with the ability to consult with the business and apply data knowledge to solve business problems.
- Ability to develop and recommend targeted employee engagement goals and action plans based on survey data with a focus on driving business outcomes.
- Strong PC skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Build strong working relationships and credibility with assigned BAs(s) through open communications, visibility, and trust-building activities. Provide professional, business-focused HR service to designated BA(s). Work with other HRBPs to share beneficial practices, ensure a broad consistency of approach, and cover each other as necessary.
- Partner with the business to collect and document business requirements. Communicate with HR SMEs to ensure that HR is aligned with BA needs. Leverage internal networks to develop integrated solutions for BAs in partnership with other groups such as Finance, IT, Security, and Communications.
- Anticipate events and situations which have an impact on the business and proactively communicate with business leadership to manage impacts and mitigate risks.
- Take a coaching approach and provide BA leaders and managers information to facilitate effective, consistent, and empowering people management (expecting and enabling managers to assume increasing responsibility for all aspects of people management).
- Work in partnership with senior leadership teams to identify the people implications of strategic and operational plans and actions.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with other members of HR to develop solutions, programs, and policies for assigned BAs and, as appropriate, the enterprise.
- Facilitate labor resource meetings as well as effective workforce planning to identify the capacity and capability of the organization to deliver its objectives.
- Provide operational and strategic HR consultation on the interpretation of HR policies and procedures, employment legislation, performance management, and change management processes, providing risk analysis to support this. Constructively challenge decisions which are not in the best interest of the organization.
- Lead responsibility for the HR management aspects of corporate initiatives and projects, including project and process management, as assigned.
- Responsible for the execution of BA annual HR processes to include: goals, performance, merit, bonus, and succession planning/talent reviews.
- Responsible for coaching leaders, managers and employees to support adherence to all SNC policies, procedures, and compliance regulations (internal and external).
- Responsible for coaching leaders, managers and employees to be accountable for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as, performance evaluations, salary reviews, succession planning, and others.
- Responsible for coaching leaders and employees to successfully meet compliance requirements.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.