Associate Program Manager
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- Full time
- Englewood, CO
SUMMARY: This is an internal Associate role that performs under the direction of the Program Manager / Program Director in performing the following: Responsible for supporting the management of all aspects of cost, schedule, and performance for assigned programs, in accordance with approved SNC processes. Achieve and maintain contract execution, product delivery, and customer satisfaction, as well as support follow-on business development for their assigned programs/customers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible to coordinate the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of their assigned programs
- Monitor, update, and report on Program(s)/B&P/IR&D performance/status in accordance with the Capture Management and Planning (CMAP), Program Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/PMAT), and CPPM processes
- Support PM/PD in their role as Proposal Manager or key proposal team members for follow-on business and/or new business opportunities related to their respective program areas. The Proposal Manager is responsible for successfully completing the SNC proposal process to include developing the strategy for successfully completing the proposal, developing all proposal review data for executive management approval, and ensuring the technical, cost, and management requirements of the proposal are met.
- Support PM/PD as representative with the customer on their assigned program(s)
- Responsible to maintain close contact with the customer organization to ensure the highest possible level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure a continuous line of communication is kept open with the appropriate internal and external customer representatives to maintain a high level of program status awareness, provide timely recognition and resolution of problems, identify follow-on business opportunities, and prevent surprises
- Participate in contract strategy, development, review and negotiations for their programs in concert with Contracts and the PM/Director of Programs
- Support the development and execution of the business area capture plan within their assigned area of responsibility, as requested
- Assist in identifying the staffing/resource needs for assigned and projected programs to ensure adequate staffing for successful program completion
- Assists in ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager/Director of Programs
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
Ability to Travel up to 25% of time.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in related field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- APMs shall possess extensive technical and/or financial knowledge of the program(s) assigned to them and be actively learning the program management discipline, as well as SNC program management philosophy, processes and tools.
- Required skills include but are not limited to: continuous learning, team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines. Should possess a financial acumen, with ability to manage cost and schedule; proven ability to deliver on time and with utmost quality.
- Required OJT/Development: APM's will be required to complete SNC's Program Management Certification program, as well as the SNC Bachelor's Supervisory Learning Path in first six months to year of role
- PMI Certification desired.
- This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.