EPS Test Engineer III (CONTRACT)
- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now. SNC is recruiting for an experienced Space Vehicle Electrical Power System (EPS) Engineer to work with electrical power systems for space flight. This position requires a self-motivated, capable person, with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to technical expertise, the individual must be people oriented, have strong customer and vendor relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities, as they arise, and be able to communicate complex technical ideas to the audience at hand. SNC Space Exploration Systems is seeking an experienced spacecraft power system engineer who can make key contributions to the EPS team through all phases of the Dream Chaser Cargo System program, including design and analysis, verification and validation, production, test and operations.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, work instructions, and specific Customer requirements.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities.
- Prepare material for and present at periodic design/ERB/PCB reviews.
- Ensure product manufacturability, testability and supportability.
- Participate in design/vehicle integration and test activities following Program and Company related requirements/procedures.
- Develop and/or review circuit design, participate in test and verification, and oversee operation of the as-built hardware.
- Research, analyze, and diagnose power system and performance anomalies by utilizing hardware documentation, software tools, and/or test results, as necessary, to resolve EPS related issues.
- Interface with prime contractor EPS System engineers, NASA Engineers, and other SNC Dream Chaser engineers.
- Validate and verify requirements through test, analysis, inspection, or demonstration.
- Review and disposition vendor SRDLs.
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Integration & Test Groups to:
- Plan production fixtures, test procedures and test equipment.
- Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems.
- Define/Support EPS unit and subsystem related procedure development/testing, including but not limited to:
- Defining EPS operational constraints, flight rules, and timelines for vehicle ground and flight test campaigns.
- Development and execution of procedures for flight and ground testing.
- Battery receiving/inspection testing and in-between flight fitness for use testing.
- Real-time operations support of flight and ground testing.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities.
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external).
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Requires a BS in related field from an accredited institution, or equivalent experience/combined education; Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering, preferred
- 6+ Years of relevant experience
- Experience with hardware or instrumentation required
- Strong problem solving and demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills required; presentation related, written/report related, and verbally related
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on projects
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Instinct and desire to take ownership of tasks, decisions, and results
Education, Experience, and Skills Preferred
- Experience with data acquisition and recording systems, preferred
- Experience performing hardware/software integration and testing, preferred
- Manned space experience, preferred
- Requirement development experience, preferred
- Verification and Validation experience, preferred
- SMC-S-016, MIL-STD-1540/Aerospace Corporation TOR, GEVS standard, or equivalent, experience, preferred
- Proficiency in using simulation and math software such as MATLAB, Simulink, SIMPLIS, or MathCAD, preferred
- Previous experience and skills across project life cycle phases, preferred
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required author