Database Administrator II
- Posted 10 Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
SUMMARY: Database Design Analysts work with database management systems software and determine ways to organize and store data. They identify user needs and set up new computer databases. In many cases, Database Design Analysts must integrate data from outdated systems into a new system. They also test and coordinate modifications to the system when needed and troubleshoot problems when they occur. The Database Design Analyst ensures the performance of the system, understands the platform on which the database runs, and adds new users to the system.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design and document database architecture. Data Modeling.
- Build database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions
- Set up data sharing and disk partitioning
- Develop database utilities and automated reporting
- Create, test and execute data management languages
- Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
- Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and fail over
- Restore and recover corrupted databases
- Install and test upgrades and patches
- Implement security and encryption
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education
- 3+ years of database design experience.
- SQL Server Database Administration
- SQL Server Backup/Restoration processes
- Transact SQL (TSQL)
- VMWare (preferred)
- SQL Server Integration Services (preferred)
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.