Project Engineer II (Propulsion)
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time
- Madison, WI
SUMMARY: Project Engineers report to Program Managers and work in concert with the program System Engineer, engineering team, operations team, sub-contracts/contracts team, and all other program elements in execution of a program. Acts as the central communication point for all internal (and external at PM direction) personnel to ensure that the proper communication channels are established and all personnel have the information they need to execute the program. Functions as the primary interface between the program technical team, procurement, and operations.
Project Engineers report to Program Managers and work in concert with the program System Engineer, engineering team, operations team, sub-contracts/contracts team, and all other program elements in execution of a program. Acts as the central communication point for all internal (and external at PM direction) personnel to ensure that the proper communication channels are established and all personnel have the information they need to execute the program. Functions as the primary interface between the program technical team, procurement, and operations in order to achieve the most efficient and cost effective way of accomplishing program goals with the highest quality product possible.
PMAP PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Understand, plan, and execute communication activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Oversee the generation of internal specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of Customer requirements
- With internal support from affected functional organizations, provides estimates of labor hours and material dollars required to accomplish design, development, and production activities. Negotiate cost/schedule/quality requirements with Customer consistent with scope of work
- Analyze gaps in team structure and interface with all program personal to ensure necessary lines of communication are open and information is flowing as required
- Interface directly with procurement to ensure parts/assemblies are purchased and available to support the master build plan as defined in the Operations Program Plan (OPP)
- Acts as the interface between engineering and procurement in the identification of long lead parts and part changes required due to lead times
TMAP PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Plan and execute engineering design, development, and production activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements; this includes generation of Engineering Program Plans (EPPs) in accordance with the Technical Management and Planning (TMAP) process, part of SNC's Integrated Product Development Process (IPDP) as required by the program
- Shepard program through phase transitions (contracts, design, manufacturing, test, closure) to ensure all groups have fluid communication and requirements are being met
- Interfaces directly with planners to ensure any program impact due to parts availability is understood and incorporated into project plans
- Schedule and conduct Gate 5-11 reviews in accordance with the approved EPP
- Tracks drawing release schedule to ensure it meets Integrated Master Schedule deadlines in support of procurement need dates
OMAP PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Communication point for all program team members
- Deep understanding of AS9100 and SNC procedures and processes and how they impact the different organizational groups
- Work all engineering teams to ensure hardware stays on track to meet Integrated Master Schedule deadlines in support of the approved OPP
- Act as the technical liaison to the Program Manager and Operations Team
- On the floor non-conformance identification and resolution implementation
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Assist in improving existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes
- Evaluating team dynamics to identify and resolve responsibility gaps
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Engineering or Related Technical Field.
- 3+ years experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact with and unite diverse groups of people toward the most mutually beneficial result.
- Ability to understand detailed Integrated Master Schedules and provide feedback on dependencies
- Detail oriented
- Self-Starter and a problem solver; must have the ability to see the big picture and implement changes as required
- Problem solving skills of complex technical problems that lead to creative and industry compliant solutions
- Familiarity with (operations) planning, purchasing, production, shipping/receiving, and quality assurance functions is highly desirable
- Experience or education in Business, Manufacturing, and Quality practices is highly Desired
- Six Sigma Certification or Training
- Previous experience in spaceflight hardware or subsystem production environment
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.