Material Planner I - Space Hardware
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Madison, WI
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work with Design Engineering Team to establish all electronic Material sourcing and coordinating the Procurement Plan with the Project Team
- Advise Design Engineering on current cost and availability trends to select the most readily available products that meet design parameters
- Validates program parts lists in the Material Management System at program start-up against the released engineering data
- Inputs and maintains Engineering Parts Lists in Materials Management System
- Establish phase-in dates of engineering design changes are based on work in process
- Reviews ECOs to determine the correct material status for the drawing changes
- Implements procurement changes required as part of the ECO
- Analyze demand supply balance and work with other personnel to understand competitive lead times for critical path items and ensure the best customer-oriented, manufacturing strategy is used, conducting rough cut capacity planning, and acting as internal educator/consultant
- Prepares the purchase requisitions and time-phased release of requirements to obtain materials, tools and equipment to support the production schedule
- Plans all manufacturing orders and material requirements throughout the duration of the program.
- Coordinates with Production Planner to manage impact on production schedule by changes in material delivery dates.
- Develops and maintains a detailed program report that defines and updates the status for critical path items
- Creates manufacturing orders in support of program requirements, including serialization
- Manages disposition of excess material and clears any material commitments when the program is completed; generates closeout reports and closes inventory
- Provides support to other departments by maintaining accurate records and supplying required schedules and status reports in a timely manner
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 0-2 Years of related experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to represent the Company effectively in a professional manner
- PC skills (Excel/Word) required
- Must be confident in a highly technical environment and working in a team setting with design and manufacturing engineering
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain cost and planning lead time estimating models based on complexity, similar products or assessment based on experience
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS Desired:
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS/UCC and AS/ISO standards
- Mastery of using MRP/ERP methodologies in rapid development, engineering to order environments
- Experience Creating Product Plans where the entire lifecycle of the product is accounted for (engineering concept through delivery and support)
- Experience Creating change impact plans to assess and provide impacts for engineering change requests and revisions to products (parts/BOM's)
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.