STORM Information Assurance Engineer (CONUS)
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Aberdeen, MD
SUMMARY: Sierra Nevada Corporation's Integrated Mission Systems business unit is continuing to grow in support of its customers and needs your help in this effort. We provide capability to the Department of Defense, Customs and Border Protection, other agencies, and various international customers by supplying their required Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance solutions. We design, build, integrate, and operate these highly capable platforms around the world. At the current time, we are searching for applicants for an Information Assurance (IA) Engineer role. The IA Engineer is responsible for the effective completion of Assessment & Authorization activities, including continuous monitoring, in support of tactical networks deployed globally. As such, this individual will provide valuable information assurance insight during technical research and development activities to further enhance the existing infrastructure. This is an interesting, challenging, and complex work effort requiring the very best applicants. If you meet these qualifications and are interested in joining our unique, growing team, please apply as indicated.
- Participate in high-quality interaction with customers, team members, contractors, and ultimately the government authorization official to achieve the directed information assurance objectives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the field of information assurance and provide guidance during the design, integration, or upgrade of new or existing information systems.
- Combined knowledge of information assurance policies and operational understanding to develop or review assessment and authorization documentation based upon the NIST Risk Management Framework and other U.S. military regulations.
- Participate in continuous monitoring activities such as vulnerability management, incident response, and accreditation record maintenance in systems such as eMASS or XACTA.
- Perform random and scheduled security control assessments of information systems to ensure compliance with requirements based upon NIST Risk Management Framework and other U.S. military regulations.
- Perform work product evaluation of other information assurance team members during the design, integration, or upgrade of new or existing information systems.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years related experience in Information Assurance. Experience may be substituted for degree.
- Must have IAT Level III certification (CISSP, CASP, GCIH, etc.) or ability to attain within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated experience working with the NIST RMF Assessment and Authorization process.
- Demonstrated experience with security control assessment tools such as ACAS / Tenable Nessus, SCAP Compliance Checker, and Microfocus Fortify.
- Strong understanding of DoD applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), NIST special publications, and NSA Guides.
- Working knowledge of operating systems and networking concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, complete tasks and assignments on time, problem solve, work in a team environment, and work independently when necessary.
- Experience working with the U.S. Army RMF accreditation process.
- Experience working with deployed tactical information systems
- CISSP-ISSEP or C|EH Certification
- This position requires current/active Top Secret w/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.