Proposal Coordinator II
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Madison, WI
The Proposal Coordinator is the primary resource for proposal development and submittal activity. This position facilitates the integration of the proposal process ensuring the flow of technical capability and solution information into the proposal so that it delivers an accurate and persuasive message that will satisfy the customer needs. This will include the interpretation of RFPs, and the development of technical, operations, business development, financial and management information
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for generation of proposal content (narrative, themes, focus boxes, action captions, etc.) in the form of proposal language and adapts legacy proposal data for a current proposal effort.
- Responsible for editing and production of proposals and all deliverable documents
- Responsible for electronic documents in Doors, Windchill and on the WIKI
- Supports the Proposal Managers for stand-up meetings, presentations, task assignments, compliance matrix, etc., and provides after-action/lessons learned reports.
- Institutes standardized procedures, provides proposal writer reference material and supports Capture & Proposal Managers
- Develops a compliance Matrix from RFP and ensures proposal compliance
- Edits documents to ensure incorporation of capture themes. Verify content meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of requirements and draft concise, compliant technical sections with input, guidance, and review by SMEs.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities. Coordinates supporting activities of proposal writers, graphics artist, engineers, clerical staff, and other disciplines as required.
- Seeks to proactively identify and de-conflict proposal schedule activities.
- Oversee and coordinate the Gate 0 through Gate 3 approval process in Saleslogix.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
ANTICIPATED LABOR UTILIZATION:
- Review Anticipated Labor Utilization as applicable to position as stated in the Business Area Labor Utilization Matrix
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in a technical field or liberal arts (English, Journalism, etc.) and 3 to 5 years of experience supporting engineering proposal development in industry or for government contracts. Relevant education and work experience may substitute for required education.
- Technical and proposal writing and proposal management experience in defense industry with emphasis in technical products and services experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, without losing sight of the big picture.
- Ability to interpret considerable data of technical and programmatic nature to effectively and adequately perform tasks.
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to work across teams and levels of responsibility.
- Ability to plan, organize, multi-task, prioritize, and execute assigned workload to meet deadlines while providing coordination of multiple resources and on-going follow through.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications in network environment with power user ability in MS Word
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.