Owner & President
Entrepreneurial and humanitarian – Eren Ozmen embodies an inspiring American Dream story, bringing her passion and determination first to the United States, then to build one of “The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies,” including to space with SNC’s Dream Chaser® program. With gratitude, Eren is focused on paying forward her success to benefit America’s next generation of entrepreneurs with similarly big dreams and aspirations.
Eren joined Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) in 1988, shortly after receiving her MBA from the University of Nevada, Reno. With the same boundless energy and dreams they brought to the U.S. from Turkey as college students, Eren and her husband Fatih Ozmen acquired SNC in 1994. As sole owners, they launched plans to expand the company. The Ozmens’ strategic leadership—including targeted acquisitions, disciplined financial and technical management, and an unwavering focus on integrity—resulted in SNC’s growth from a small firm of 20 employees into one of the top woman-owned federal contractors in the United States. Today SNC is a team of nearly 3,000 people in 34 locations in 19 U.S. states, England, Germany, and Turkey.
Inspired to innovate for impact, Eren and Fatih have steered SNC to expand in new and promising directions, including 19 acquisitions. The entire SNC team is committed to customer-centricity, surpassing the status quo, and entrepreneurial thinking.
Not one to rest on previous success, Eren is always looking ahead with optimism and energy—continuously improving, adapting, and innovating to creatively build toward the next challenge. She is actively involved in all key aspects of SNC’s business management and prioritizes healthy work-life policies. Under her leadership, SNC has received numerous awards for innovation, growth, and employee satisfaction.
Eren’s vision for making a positive impact extends beyond the walls of the company. The Ozmens founded the Ozmen Center for Entrepreneurship in 2014. Based at the University of Nevada, Reno, the Center fosters collaboration across varied disciplines and geographies. The Ozmens received honorary doctorate degrees from the University of Nevada, Reno, in 2016.
- World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space, Fast Company
- America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies, Inc.
- Tier 1 Superior Supplier for U.S. Air Force
- Aerospace Company of the Year
- Top Women-Owned U.S. Government Contractor
- Fastest Growing Women-Owned Company in North America
- Aviation Entrepreneurs of the Year
- Living Legends of Aviation
- Most Influential Turkish-American Woman, No. 2 TurkOfAmerica
- Top 10 Most Influential Turkish Americans, TurkOfAmerica
- Top Woman-Owned Firm for excellence in using innovative information technology solutions
- Women Role Model of the Year
- Distinguished Business of the Year
- Family Owned Business Award -- Nevada Business Magazine
- Honorary Doctorate of Science -- University of Nevada, Reno (2016)
Learn more about how we're bringing our results-focused mindset and culture of inquisitive innovation to the next frontier of technology.