- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- SNC SeaPort-e Services
- Contact Us
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Ranked as one of "World's Top 10 Most
Innovative Compaanies in Space" by Fast Company Magazine
- Sierra Nevada Corporation and Houston Airport System
Sign Letter of Intent to ExploreDream Chaser® Teaming Opportunities
at the Houston Space Port
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Awarded CREW MEU SOC Contract
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Named NCET
"Aerospace Company of the Year"
- Sierra Nevada Corporation and Lockheed Martin
Expand Dream Chaser Orbital Vehicle Manufacturing
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News
- KRNV MyNews4.com
Eren Ozmen, Chairman and President
Eren Ozmen is Chairman and President of Sierra Nevada Corporation
Eren joined SNC in 1988, shortly after receiving her MBA from the University of Nevada, Reno. With a strong vision of the future, Eren and her husband Fatih Ozmen acquired SNC in 1994 and set their plans in motion to expand and grow. As a direct result of their strategic planning efforts, to include the successful acquisition of ten electronics firms and their strong financial and technical management SNC has grown into the Top Woman-Owned Federal Contractor in the United States.
Through the Ozmens' vision and decisive leadership, SNC has expanded to six business areas in 30 locations in 16 states. SNC has a workforce of over 3,000 personnel - most of whom are scientists, engineers, or technical personnel – and all of whom are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of SNC’s diverse customer base. Multidimensional and extremely dynamic, Eren Ozmen is actively involved in all key aspects of SNC’s business management.
SNC and the Ozmens have been honored by numerous organizations as a result of their successful leadership, including:
- #1 Top Women-Owned Federal Government Contractors in the U.S., a distinction earned for high level performance in providing effective solutions with a mission-critical focus (2010)
- #2 "Fastest Growing Women-Owned Company in North America" by the International Women Presidents' Organization, Vancouver, Canada (2011)
- U.S. Top 10 among the Nation’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by Inc. Magazine for "Gross Dollars in Growth" (2010) and #6 "Revenue Growth for $Billion Companies" (2011)
- "Aviation Entrepreneurs of the Year" by the Living Legends of Aviation, Beverly Hills, CA (2012)
- Inducted as a "Living Legend" by the "Living Legends of Aviation," Beverly Hills, CA (2013)
- "World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space" by Fast Company Magazine (2014)
- GCN (Government Computer News) Awards for demonstrating excellence in using innovative information technology solutions to the Federal Government (2005 and 2006)
- "Aerospace Company of the Year" by Nevada's Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology (2014)
- Distinguished Business of the Year in Nevada (2001)
- Women Role Model of the Year in Nevada (2002)
- Professional Achievement Award, University of Nevada, Reno (2010)
As a tribute to the Ozmen’s exceptional leadership, successful vision and extraordinary generous employee benefits, SNC was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Northern Nevada in 2009, 2011, and 2012, Best Places to Work in Denver in 2012 and Florida’s Best Companies to Work for in 2010.
In addition to her role as an influential business woman, Eren places a priority on maintaining a healthy work-life balance, promoting family-friendly policies in the corporate culture of SNC – including the establishment of an on-site daycare in 1991 for employees to use.
Partnered with SNC’s CEO Fatih Ozmen, this team provides the dynamic leadership and strategic vision that have been the driving forces behind SNC’s dramatic success.