- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- SNC SeaPort-e Services
- Contact Us
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Dream Chaser® Testing Begins at NASA Dryden, Langley
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Announces Shipment of Dream Chaser® Flight Vehicle to NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- Sierra Nevada Corporation's Dream Chaser® Spacecraft System Passes Third Milestone With Successful Integrated System Safety Design Review
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Hosts Charity Golf Tournament Supporting STEP2 of Reno
- SNC's Hybrid Rocket Engines Power SpaceShipTwo on its First Powered Flight Test
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News
- KRNV MyNews4.com
Sierra Nevada News & Press Releases
Sierra Nevada Corporation Acquires 3S Engineering
Deal grows aircraft modification and certification capabilities
SPARKS, Nev., - Oct., 1, 2012 - Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) has announced the acquisition of 3S Certification and 3S Engineering of Wichita, Kansas. The privately owned 3S Certification holds a Federal Aviation Administration authorized Organization Designation Authorization (ODA). Since its inception in 2006, the company has provided subject matter experts specializing in avionics and cabin equipment modifications and certification. In the last two years, the company has expanded to include an ODA which provides the authority for approval of Supplemental Type Certificates for aircraft modifications.
"Adding 3S Engineering as a stand-alone operation within our business portfolio is a perfect fit for our aircraft modification business areas," said Eren Ozmen, chairman and president, Sierra Nevada Corporation. "Their team's Designated Engineering Representatives and ODA support for all disciplines meshes well with our world-class, manned-aircraft modification capabilities."
3S Engineering will work closely with SNC's Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance and Integrated Mission Systems business areas, while continuing to service existing and new customers. The company will operate as wholly owned subsidiary of SNC. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is one of America's fastest growing private companies based on its significant expansion and reputation for rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions in electronics, aerospace, avionics, space, propulsion, micro-satellite, aircraft, communications systems and solar energy. Under the leadership of CEO Fatih Ozmen and Chairman and President Eren Ozmen, SNC employs over 2,100 people in 31 locations in 16 states. SNC's six unique business areas are dedicated to providing leading-edge solutions to SNC's dynamic customer base.
SNC is also the Top Woman-Owned Federal Contractor in the United States. Over the last 30 years under the Ozmen's leadership, SNC has remained focused on providing its customers the very best in diversified technologies to meet their needs and has a strong and proven track record of success. The company continues to focus its growth on the commercial sector through internal advancements and outside acquisitions, including the emerging markets of renewable energy, telemedicine, nanotechnology, cyber and net-centric operations. For more information on SNC visit www.sncorp.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Erlach at 775-331-0222