SNC Awarded $248 Million Competitive Contract for Counter-IED Jammers
Sparks, Nevada – June 5, 2009 – Sierra Nevada Corporation’s President, Eren Ozmen, announced that SNC is being awarded a $36,479,655 contract for production of Joint Counter Radio-Controlled Improvised Explosive Device Electronic Warfare (JCREW) 3.1 dismounted systems to meet urgent requirements of the Department of Defense in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
The dismounted JCREW systems are critical to protecting U.S. personnel from the threat posed by improvised explosive devices. Dismounted JCREW systems are electronic jammers designed to prevent the initiation of radio-controlled improvised explosive devices (RCIED).
This contract is for the urgent procurement and support of JCREW systems, to be used by forces in each of the military services of the Central Command area of responsibility. This contract includes options which, if exercised, would bring the cumulative value of this contract to $248,312,153. Click on the link below for more information on the IED Jammer Contract.
"New US Backpack IED Jammer Article " - Reprinted with permission of The Journal of Electronic Defense and AOC.
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is known for its rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions in electronics, aerospace, avionics, space, propulsion, micro-satellite, aircraft and communications systems for both the private and public sectors. Founded in 1963, SNC’s seven unique business areas employ more than 1600 people in 31 different locations in 20 states – all of whom are dedicated to providing leading-edge solutions to SNC’s dynamic customer base.
MEDIA CONTACT: email@example.com or 775-331-0222
- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- SNC SeaPort-e Services
- Contact Us
- Aug 11, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Recognizes International Space Un...
- Aug 06, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Dream Chaser® ProgramAnnou...
- Aug 04, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation and BioServe Cooperation Agreement...
- Aug 01, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation and Lockheed Martin UnveilFirst Dr...
- Jul 24, 2014: Tuskegee University Joins Sierra Nevada Corporation’sDream...
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News