SNC awarded Competitive Contract from American Eurocopter to produce over 200 TactiLink Eagle video point to point data communications system for Light Utility Helicopter Program
Sparks, Nevada – June 3, 2009 – Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) announced today that it has received a competitive contract award from American Eurocopter, a business unit of EADS North America, to produce over 200 of the TactiLink Eagle® video point to point data communications system used in support of Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR). The TactiLink Eagle has both an airborne and ground component of the UH-72A Lakota helicopter. It is designed to meet U.S. Army and Army National Guard requirements for a highly capable, multi-role helicopter missions that range from homeland security and medical evacuation to drug interdiction, support, and logistics operations. The Army expects to acquire the TactiLink Eagles, associated aircraft equipment, and logistics support from SNC as the sub contractor to American Eurocopter for integration and installation of these systems. SNC Tactical Communications unit in Fayetteville, NC, will produce, support, and field the systems for American Eurocopter. "SNC is committed to providing the highest-level of products and services to this program. We have a world-class management and execution team to support the Army and American Eurocopter for fulfillment of the UH-72A program," said John Tuohey, Director of SNC's Tactical Communications. Mr. Tuohey stated, "We understand the mission and the importance to the Army National Guard's rapid response capability, and we are dedicated to providing the Army with the very best equipment and support to accomplish their important mission."
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is known for its rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions in electronics, aerospace, avionics, space, propulsion, micro-satellite, aircraft and communications systems for both the private and public sectors. Founded in 1963, SNC’s seven unique business areas employ more than 1600 people in 31 different locations in 20 states – all of whom are dedicated to providing leading-edge solutions to SNC’s dynamic customer base.
MEDIA CONTACT: email@example.com or 775-331-0222
- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- SNC SeaPort-e Services
- Contact Us
- Jul 24, 2014: Tuskegee University Joins Sierra Nevada Corporation’sDream...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Selected to ProvideMulti-Mission A...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Announces Cooperative Understandin...
- Jul 22, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Completes MajorDream Chaser® N...
- Jul 17, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Awarded Second Phase Contract toAi...
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News