At SNC, we support and protect explorers and heroes, whether they are Americans in space, overseas or health care workers in our own communities.
As we better understand the wide-spread impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to expand our relief efforts, both internally and externally. Our efforts are centered on supporting employees and their families while ensuring we continue to meet essential national security needs of our country. Driven by our pay it forward culture, we are also committed to aiding the communities where we work and live. Together, we will emerge better and stronger.
Supporting our Employees
At SNC, employees are more than the company’s most important asset, they are extended family. We have implemented a number of enhanced measures to ensure employees and their families are supported during these evolving times.
- We are offering maximum time-off flexibility, including borrowing against future accrued paid time off.
- Employees can utilize late-year holidays early as “flex holidays” if needed.
- As a self-funded health insurer, we have elected to cover 100% of costs related to COVID-19 testing and treatment for insured employees and their dependents.
- We have expanded 401(k) loan and withdrawal opportunities (SNC matches employee 401(k) contributions by 150% up to 8% of an employee’s salary).
Supporting Business Continuity
SNC is an essential business serving the critical Defense Industrial Base. We take great pride in being able to support national priorities no matter what challenges we face. Our guiding principles in responding to the pandemic have been to meet customer needs with minimal disruption and preserve employee health and safety.
- We have implemented various business continuity staffing models such as rotating shifts to minimize risk of infection while working on site.
- Employees who can effectively work from home have transitioned to remote work to reduce population density and facilitate proper social distancing in our offices.
- We have developed a proactive phased approach to carefully return employees to onsite work in alignment with federal and state guidelines.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning precautions to ensure the safety for critical staff that must perform their work on site as employees return to work.
Supporting our Communities
We continue to seek opportunities to support our local communities — in big ways and small.
- We launched the SNC COVID Recovery Campaign to aid high-impact COVID-relief efforts by the Center for Disaster Philanthropy and PenFed Foundation, which provides financial assistance to military personnel. SNC Owners Eren and Fatih Ozmen are matching funds up to $200K.
- We are donating “ear savers” designed by SNC engineers to relieve ear pain among health care workers who must wear masks at all times on their long shifts.
- We are producing and donating plastic frames for face shields for health care workers across the nation.