SNC has been awarded a $6.2M Contract from US Navy
Sparks, NV February 19, 2009 - Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) announced today that it has received a $6.2M contract from the US Navy’s Naval Warfare Center, Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) to produce the AN/APN-245 ACLS Beacon. The ACLS Beacon is the airborne component of the AN/SPN-46 Automatic Carrier Landing System installed in the US Navy’s F/A-18 Hornet Series of fighter aircraft. The AN/APN-245 ACLS Beacon is necessary for the fully automatic landing of the F/A-18 on Navy Aircraft Carriers.
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is known for its rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions in electronics, aerospace, avionics, space, propulsion, micro-satellite, aircraft and communications systems for both the private and public sectors. Founded in 1963, SNC’s seven unique business areas employ more than 1600 people in 31 different locations in 20 states – all of whom are dedicated to providing leading-edge solutions to SNC’s dynamic customer base.
Over its 46 year history, SNC has remained focused on providing its customers the very best in diversified technologies to meet their needs and has a strong and proven track record of success. SNC has grown into one of the Top Woman-Owned Federal Contractors in the United States while maintaining its reputation for innovation and agility. The company continues to focus its growth on the commercial sector through internal advancements and outside acquisitions, including the emerging markets of telemedicine, nanotechnology, energy and net-centric operations.
MEDIA CONTACT: email@example.com or 775-331-0222
- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At A Glance
- Executive Officers
- Events & Tradeshows
- Contact Us
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News